Welcome to this dynamic, interactive curriculum on substance awareness and positive decision-making. This curriculum was designed to either be a stand alone curriculum, go along with the Sober Thoughts presentation (virtual or live), or be plugged into your existing curriculum.
By high school many students have already learned the negative effects of substance use and abuse. However, when facing social and emotional challenges and life’s obstacles, some students will turn to these substances to socialize, or cope with/escape from these challenges.
Our goal is to have your students explore the external influences, to dissect the messages they receive, and understand the different social and emotional influences (both internal and external) that can effect their decision-making. With this knowledge, they will understand why it’s necessary to develop the skills and tools necessary in their life tool box to deal with the challenging situations they will face.
This curriculum was designed to engage and educate your students on:
- How and why we made decisions
- Pressures and outside influences
- How to view failure differently
- Changing their perspective with boredom and stress
- Retraining the brain to find and hold onto happiness
- How to focus on what you can control when things go wrong
- The myth behind alternatives like THC and Vaping
- Taking on the responsibility to build their life.